The TREK MKII design
The ebbelsen® TREK MKII defines a benchmark for all serious field, trekking, adventure travel and general outdoor jackets. Its list of features and detailed design represents our ongoing commitment to truly exceptional field and trekking jackets.
It's a tough, good-looking jacket that you can rely on year upon year, throughout all seasons.
Adventure Travel magazine. Issue 134, March/April 2018.
The ebbelsen® TREK MKII is a classic and versatile hip length jacket, with long sleeves - to protect the tops of hands - and a high, well fitting, collar for comfortable weather protection. Behind the main zip an internal storm flap provides extra protection, while a broad outer storm flap defends the front zip from wind and rain. Four large external pockets are complimented by a large zipped internal chest pocket and a fully tailored detachable hood is stored inside its own pouch pocket. Adjustable draw cords at the hem, across the rear waist and around the hood allow for a tailored or snug fit, while fully adjustable cuffs and tailored elbows improve comfort and movement.
- Made from Double Layer Duuton®3 - sometimes branded as etaProof ® or Ventile® (all are the same textile made by Stotz) - for maximum protection and versatility. Many Ventile®/Duuton®3 jackets are made using only a single layer of this special fabric. Our jackets use a layer on the outside and then a complete second layer on the inside (and not just across the shoulders). This gives you twice the protection.
- Double lap felled main seams for strength and protection
- Duel core-spun thread for peace-of-mind
- True premium RIRI® zips for precision and dependability
- CORDURA® cuffs and hem for long-term abrasion defence
- Raglan shoulders for comfort and performance
- Stress point bar-tack stitching for reinforcement
- Roll top cargo pockets for extra security
- Large 18mm S-spring rattle-free studs for reliability and ease
- Two-way front zip for comfort and convenience
- Anti-wick inner hem for keeping dry
- Detachable (and stored) hood for when it's needed
- And expert tailoring for outdoor protection and function (including: long wrists, contoured elbows, no top-seam shoulders and large protective collar).