The TREK MKII design
The ebbelsen® TREK MKII defines a benchmark for all serious trekking jackets. Its list of features and detailed design represents our ongoing commitment to truly exceptional trekking jackets.
It's a tough, good-looking jacket that you can rely on year upon year, throughout all seasons.
Adventure Travel magazine. Issue 134, March/April 2018.
The ebbelsen® TREK MKII is a classic and versatile hip length jacket, with long sleeves - to protect the tops of hands - and a high, well fitting, collar for comfortable weather protection. Behind the main zip an internal storm flap provides extra protection, while a broad outer storm flap defends the front zip from wind and rain. Four large external pockets are complimented by a large zipped internal chest pocket and a fully tailored detachable hood is stored inside its own pouch pocket. Adjustable draw cords at the hem, across the rear waist and around the hood allow for a tailored or snug fit, while fully adjustable cuffs and tailored elbows improve comfort and movement.
- Made from Double Layer Duuton®3 - sometimes branded as etaProof ® or Ventile® (all by Stotz) - for maximum protection and versatility. Many Ventile®/Duuton®3 jackets are made using only a single layer of this special fabric. Our jackets use a layer on the outside and then a complete second layer on the inside (and not just across the shoulders). This gives you twice the protection.
- Double lap felled main seams for strength and protection
- Duel core-spun thread for peace-of-mind
- True premium RIRI® zips for precision and dependability
- CORDURA® cuffs and hem for long-term abrasion defence
- Raglan shoulders for comfort and performance
- Stress point bar-tack stitching for reinforcement
- Roll top cargo pockets for extra security
- Large 18mm S-spring rattle-free studs for reliability and ease
- Two-way front zip for comfort and convenience
- Anti-wick inner hem for keeping dry
- Detachable (and stored) hood for when it's needed
- And expert tailoring for outdoor protection and function (including: long wrists, contoured elbows, no top-seam shoulders and large protective collar).